What We Believe
- We believe that what unites us as Christians and children of one God is greater than the theological differences that separate us.
- We believe we are called by Christ to be on this journey together.
- We believe we often learn the most by listening.
- We believe that we are called to attend to not just what Jesus died for, but what he lived for.
- We believe centuries of misunderstandings and violence can be best undone by sitting and praying and living and serving the world side by side.
- We believe that the best theologies emerge by the challenge of taking each others’ stories seriously.
- We believe, along with St. Augustine, that we haven’t read the Bible correctly if it doesn’t impel us to go out to love and serve our neighbor.
- We believe that Jesus invites both personal transformation and cultural transformation – into God’s peaceable kindom of non-violence, inclusion, healing and wholeness.